Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
•“Personal Data” name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
•“Non-Personal Data” Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for Which We Hold Your Information
Non-Personal Data: We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
Data Controller and Owner
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Gender, Cookie, Usage data and Email address.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
Users are responsible for any Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Handling activity data, Analytics, Managing contacts and sending messages and Contacting the User.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Contacting the User
Handling activity data
Managing contacts and sending messages
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System Logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
To ensure your safety we DO NOT at any stage store or have access to any sensitive credit card or debit card information from any transactions made on our site. We use a secure encrypted SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection to submit any such information to trusted online payment provider Paypal and Stripe. We don’t even handle your credit card details, we use Mijireh to do that for us. We will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered;
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include newsletter marketing software for our own newsletter. Only customers who opted in and request our newsletter will receive the ManlyStuff Monthly Subscription. We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfill your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Sale of Business
Updating Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email us or use the contact form on our site. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
- through your use of manlystuff.ie and any country top level domain name (the “Site“), or any manlystuff.ie application that we make available from time to time (“Application“)
- by visiting a manlystuff.ie store
- by interacting with our content and/or services or
- by contacting our Customer Care Team.
This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
Please also refer to our Terms and Conditions.
You must be over 16 to register for a personal account, subscribe to Manly Stuff ltd emails and/or place an order with Manly Stuff ltd . The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Manly Stuff ltd is a Secure Site. To ensure that this is a legitimate Comodo secure Site, please check the following:
- That the original URL you are visiting comes from fManly Stuff ltd
- The status of the server certificate is valid, by clicking on one of the Comodo logos displayed on the Site
Who are we?
Manly Stuff ltd (trading as Manly Stuff) is the controller and responsible for this Site.
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity and Contact Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder or to staff within our stores
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Profile Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, password, purchase and order history, your favourite products, wish list, brand preferences, contact with the Customer Care Team, and any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site or any Application and our products and services
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or any Application or in-store or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register for an account with us (whether online or in-store);
- place an order;
- receive a consultation or treatment;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- register for any loyalty scheme that we offer from time to time;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Care Team;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
We may also receive information about you from various third parties such as: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and payment service providers.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity & Contact Information
- to deliver your purchases to you
- to provide beauty treatments and/or beauty advice
- to send you service messages by email, SMS or otherwise, such as order updates
- to create and manage your Manly Stuff ltd account
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- for security and to check your identity
- to provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below)
- to show you Manly Stuff ltd adverts as your browse the web
- to direct you to the right part of the website
- to communicate with you
- to enrol you in your Corporate Partnership Scheme
- to take payment, and give refunds
- for fraud prevention and detection
- to provide products you order to you
- to provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
Technical & Usage Information
- to improve our Site and any Application and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- to keep our Site safe and secure
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
- to find out what you, and other customers, like
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
- to manage your participation in any loyalty scheme
- to complete brand specific consultations
- to provide beauty treatments and/or beauty advice
Marketing and Communications Information
- to send you information by email, SMS, post, other otherwise, about our products and services
- to provide customer care and support
- to train our staff
- to enable you to log-in to our Site simply and easily without having to create a separate account
- to enable you to share products and services if you choose to
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal information such as information about your health, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; and (v) for our own marketing, research and product development.
Will we share your information with third parties?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- Companies in the Manly Stuff ltd Group such as Manly Stuff ltd Delivery Company Limited who may provide delivery services to you
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media Sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
- Concession Brands (meaning a third party seller who sells products to you via the Site) for orders fulfilled by our Concession Brands. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information relating to orders fulfilled by our Concession Brands
- Your product and treatment preferences with specific brands
- Competition winners on social media
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Will we transfer your information overseas?
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your information remains adequately protected. If you would like more details about the safeguards that we rely on, please contact the Customer Care Team at email@example.com.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- to rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- to restrict processing of your information;
- to data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- to object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- to not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change. You can access, update or correct your personal account details via the “My Account” section of the Site.
Data Subject Access Requests
We would gladly assist in any data subject access requests free of charge.
Data subject access requests must be made in writing and we advise emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure action is promptly taken.
Please include the following:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates
We may ask for further information to identify you and ensure the personal data relates to the individual making the request.
We will respond within one month of receiving the information we require to carry out your request. Responses can be provided in either English, French or German.
To view all the ways to contact us please click here.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We use 256-bit SSL Software to encrypt your payment card information when you place an order on our secure server. For your added security all payment transactions are processed automatically by Adyen, and we are not party to your personal credit card or bank details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may use your information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By updating your preferences within the “My Account” section of the Site
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within an email to unsubscribe from that specific email type
- By contacting our Customer Care Team
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Manly Stuff ltd Group for marketing purposes.
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target Manly Stuff ltd banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some Sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Site or any Application (for example, your Site search history, and the content you read on the Site) or on Site banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care Team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy